Opportunity for a Senior Energy Investment & Operations Manager
WEnergy Global Pte Ltd delivers complete and comprehensive sets of in-house renewable energy systems and services based on the combined international experience of the key management team for over 120 years in the renewable energy sector and international project development. The company develops, designs, builds, owns, finances and operates renewable energy power plants and micro-grids and works together with financiers and investors to ensure fair profitability in emerging economies, with a focus on ASEAN countries. The business portfolio is rapidly expanding.
The company’s headquarter is in Singapore and is increasing its work portfolio relying on a team of top-technical specialists based in Singapore, The Philippines, Germany, Japan and The Netherlands. WEnergy Global Pte Ltd is a member of the Singapore Business Federation (SBF) and collaborates with creative technology companies. WEnergy Global is a signatory of the Paris Agreement on Climate Change through the Pledge for Climate Actions. The company has is winner of the UN Global Compact Award Singapore for Sustainability 2016, the Winsemius Award 2016 for Innovation & Sustainability of the Dutch Chamber of Commerce Singapore in the category of Small Business Rising Star. It also won the Erasmus Energy Business Award 2014 of the Rotterdam Business School, The Netherlands for its innovative project design of a micro-grid powered by a renewable energy hybrid power system for Philippines.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Energy Investment & Operations Manager to join the company and strengthen the current team of investment and financing specialists.
The Investment Decision & Structuring role encompasses several spheres in the business of WEnergy Global i.e. from investment analysis and capital allotment decisions to business development. Following will be the key responsibilities:
- Project Level
- Build & utilize comprehensive financial models to conduct investment studies, scenario & sensitivity analysis to examine project financing & deal structuring making best use of financial information and products available in the capital markets with full freedom to innovate ethical & legal financing structures
- Research, understand and incorporate policy directives, incentives & other applicable regulatory inferences in the financial models of project’s respective countries and jurisdictions
- Techno-economical optimization for different technical and financial parameters to achieve technical as well as financial objectives of renewable energy or hybrid energy (renewable energy + conventional energy) projects
- Liaise, negotiate and close deals with investment partners, joint venture partners & operations partners considering and incorporating multi-stakeholder requirements and incentives
- Liaise, negotiate and close deals with banks and other financing institutions to achieve financial closure of projects
- Participate significantly in project development phase including, but not limited to project origination, technical & financial feasibility, acquiring permits & approvals from relevant authorities (local governments as well as central governments) and negotiations with regulatory entities for approval during project development phase
- Portfolio Level
- Present recommendations, supported with financial & strategic analysis, to the senior management for facilitating development of company’s projects/assets portfolio
- Recommend methods for optimization of yields of investments, taking into consideration company’s vision & mission, changing policy environments in ASEAN countries on renewable energy, currency exchange risks, opportunities for debt restructuring etc.
- Shoulder the responsibilities of portfolio’s financial management and reporting to the Board of Directors of WEnergy Global
- Corporate Level
- Liaise and interface with current & prospective investors regarding performance of company’s assets under management, project pipeline & capital requirements, capital allocation strategy etc.
- Significant participation expected in fund raising rounds with current, new and prospective investors including but not limited to quantification of project pipeline, frequent calculation of company’s capital requirements and updating or construction company’s valuation models
- Provide due diligence support & on-boarding support of new investors
- Work in collaboration with the investment community externally, and internally with engineering team, joint venture partners, equity and debt financiers to analyse scenario based P&Ls, IRRs, ROIs and other relevant key financial performance indicators of company’s projects.
- Participate with the senior management in introducing and implementing corporate governance & management structures in the project SPVs to ensure protection of company’s stakeholders’ interests while observing complete tolerance within the legal framework of respective countries of SPVs
Competences & Capabilities
The candidates would possess capabilities and qualifications as follows:
- Minimum Masters Degree in Finance and Investment Banking and/or in Business Administration, [The company is not recruiting accounting professionals]
- Experience in project financing and capital markets transactions, credit facilities, fund management, financial securities, international finance and taxation, compliance/regulatory requirements and business analysis with focus on ASEAN countries;
- A disciplined sense for accuracy, and highly skilled in statistical, mathematical and financial analysis and modeling;
- Ability to multi-task and deal with tight timelines and deadlines;
- Be a leader who understands the value of self-learning, teamwork and the full utilization of human talents in delivering results in a fast paced & dynamic environment;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, in particular working with spreadsheets and financial software programs, and excellence in reporting in English.
The position is located at the WEnergy Global Headquarters in Singapore. Frequent travelling within ASEAN countries is required.
WEnergy Global offers internationally competitive compensation packages to its employees, including selective access to its Employees Shareholding Option Schemes.
Application and Contact
Please send us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to the address below:
WEnergy Global Pte Ltd
305 Alexandra Road #05-10
Closing Date: May 31st, 2018, Close of Business (Singapore Time)
WEnergy Global PTE LTD has a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified and experienced applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status or age.